...as I was wiping Jack's mouth tonight with a napkin, him grimacing, it hit me: Wow, I'm like really a mom. Other people surely recognized it. I typically get some kind smiles and sympathetic looks when I'm in public with my feisty but gosh-darn cute little guy.
As I take stock of my life currently, I am really, truly a mom of a toddler:
1. I have a crush on Chris from Sesame Street (yes, I have admitted that before on this blog).
2. I often eat dinner at a small blue plastic table.
3. Sippy cups in my purse are a common occurrence.
4. 7:30 a.m. is "sleeping in."
5. I typically have company when I'm in the bathroom.
6. I think I should buy stock in Goldfish crackers.
7. I check out other people's strollers at the zoo.
8. I've had my picture taken with a costumed character in the last 30 days. Twice.
9. A journalism major in college, I hear myself saying things like, "You gots it!"
10. I'm exhausted.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my mother-in-law, my sisters, my wonderful friends and family! You help me to be a better mom, friend and, altogether, better person.